Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Espanol"

Como etsa? That means how are you in Spanish, ha ha! I just returned from Spanish class at Sis. Michelle Nedd's, one of our pastor's daughters. I took a Spanish test today, I got a 95.5! AH! I made a teensy wittle mistake and it cost me four and half points! AH! =) Cute Jamal Harris was there this time thankfully, he's really cool. =) Spanish class is really boring without him. =) Too bad I don't date non-Americans! Ha ha! =) He just moved to a place called Diamond, which unfortunately lessens the odds of getting him to come to church with me! =) I want to ask him next week to come on Easter Sunday because we're trying to have 300 in attendance and every individual counts, besides him and Denisa everyone else I know already goes to church and I want to help my church out some way. Besides I don't want to leave here without making an effort to witness to him. =) Maybe if he comes I can get him to let me teach him a Bible Study. =) What a cute student he would make. =) Jamal said his dad said something about all of them attending church together on Easter Sunday, some Assemblies of God church. I hope I can get him to come with me. =)
We visited Bro. Roy's church in Burbis last night. =) What an experience! It was a dedication service, my dad preached. We worship good at my church, but boy do they get with it there! Unfortunately one or two people could have been a little more modest in their worship, if you know what I mean! Whew!
Sis. Shermela, Bro. Byrd, Bevon, Melinda, and I rode in one car on the way going until we reached a village called Enmore then Bro. Byrd drove Bro. Lyte's truck the rest of the way with Rahsaan. Before that Rahsaan rode with my parents and Steven, Cameron, and Job in the Hilux Surf. Bro. and Sis. Lyte drove a minibus with more people in it when we got to their church in Enmore. Ha ha! We were all in a race to see who could get there first! For your information we won! Ha ha, the car with all the girls. Dad wasn't really into the whole passing each other thing, but Bro. Lyte and Bro. Byrd put up some pretty stiff competition, even to the point of pretending their hood came up and stopping to slow us down! They claim it really happened, but we don't believe them, ha ha! The church in Burbis was built to look like an Ark! Ha ha! Although I wouldn't have known it had the pastor not said something. =)
Ok today I'm going to give you ten reasons I'm eager to get back to the U.S. of A.
Reason 1. I miss my grandparents, uncle, aunts, and cousins major! I haven't seen them in almost two years and we used to spend every Thanksgiving and Christmas together! =(
Reason 2. Air conditioning, don't you love those two words? We only experience air conditioning at night and in the car.
Reason 3. Snow, beautiful, wonderful, amazing, white snow! I love it! =)
Reason 4. Driving license! I don't have mine yet and I'm 17!!!!!!!! Yike!
Reason 5. School, I've never really liked home school. I know I'm going to love going to school again, public or not!
Reason 6. A lot of my friends live in the States and unless they plan to visit in the next two and a half months, I won't see them.
Reason 7. I miss my home country! I'm ready to go back, it's time.
Reason 8. Job, I'm not allowed to have one over here, and even if I was I'd feel guilty for taking a job away from someone who really needs it. I need to start saving and I like the idea of having some spending money too.
Reason 9. Youth Congress, I so can't wait till YC 2009! I'm really excited! Most of my friends are going too and we're planning on hanging out together at least one night.
Reason 10. School of Missions, I'm really looking forward to this one, I'll meet lots of other MKs my age and have tons of fun, I'm still not sure if my school will let me out for it or not, but I have faith in the power of prayer! I'm looking forward to this even more than Youth Congress.
We're going to Bro. Latchman's tomorrow. I'll miss going to my church and hanging out with my friends. Sunday morning is when everyone comes if they don't come any other day of the week. =( But Bro. Latchman is really cool. He's so fiery, it's funny because his wife is the opposite, she's very quiet and laid back. =)
Well I hope this wasn't too boring for you, nobody has e-mailed me today so I was trying to do something to pass the time. =) Unfortunately I'm on dish duty today, as my "dear" mother informed me before leaving for a meeting at the church. The boys get to put away dishes. =) Please pray I can get Jamal to come on Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment