Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Dead Man"

Our last Sunday morning service was a knock out! Bro. Eastman from a church in Toronto, Canada, preached a wonderful message of God's love. :) We think about five got the Holy Ghost during last weekend's revival, two baptized, and at least two much needed refillings. That Sunday was different! Haha! I got a beautiful compliment from an adorable young girlfriend, "You looked so pretty, you looked like an American Queen." Thanks for the compliment, but even I wouldn't go that far! Ha ha! I got a text from a guy from my church who admitted to having a crush on me! Haha! It feels good to be loved! But I'm praying about how I should deal with it! I really don't want to hurt him, but it will never happen. I'll be leaving soon and............well anyway.
It's already past the middle of March and every day, every hour, every minute, every second, every millisecond brings me closer and closer to several dates I'm looking froward to this year.
--April 15, my grandparents, retiring missionaries to Mexico, Bro. Tony & Delta Smith are arriving on AIM to stay for 9-12 months, I'm not sure exactly how long.
--The last Wednesday in April, Bro. Hattabaugh, who pastors in Cooper City, Florida, is coming to preach our National Conference and he's bringing a group of ten or less from his church with him, I'm hoping for a teenager in the group!
--June 15, we take a plane trip back to the U.S. of A. and I begin a totally different life! Public school for the first time in the fall and living with two elderly people I adore while the rest of my family tours the U.S.A. while picking up partners to help them go back to Guyana!
--June, I might be going to Illinois Church Camp and receiving a refreshing in my spirit! Thank God! I get to hang out with old friends and make some new ones, see lots of American young people of the UPC together for the first time in years! Stare at American guys for fear they'll vanish! LOL! :)
--June, see grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins I haven't seen for two years! Hang out with them and pray fervently for them! Tell my cousin Britnee all about my first heart break and maybe cry, play truth or dare, laugh, take lots of pictures, and have her brother, my cousin Kelsey teach me how to drive!
--July, maybe go on a local AYC Texas missions trip, make new friends and get closer to finding out what God has called me to do in this life.
--July, maybe spend some time with my cousin Charity, who also happens to be one of my best friends in the whole world! Laugh, take lots of pictures, have her fix my hair and show me how she did it, attend services together, ask about her recent love life and tell her all about mine (if I have one by then, lol).
--July 31, celebrate my 18th birthday and marvel at how fast time flies, since I still feel like I just turned 13!
--August 5-7, go to North American Youth Congress with my cousin Charity and hang out with the AYC girls who came in June of 2008, relive old memories of making so many close friends in such a short time and telling them all my deep dark secrets I haven't shared for a long time, handing out tracts, shopping, attending Guyana's Ladies Conference, staying at the hotel with them, swimming in the hotel's pool, prank calling, and having a prayer meeting in one of the girls' rooms!
--August 6th, wish Alexandra Triona a happy 18th birthday, and marveling at how we were born 6 days apart!
--August, maybe attend an MK retreat for the first time! I so can't wait!
--August, maybe attend School of Missions if my school will let me off for it.
--August, go to my first day of public school and decide if I like it or not! I hope to teach lots of Bible studies and win my school to Christ! Look for a part-time job, hopefully at a department store, that fits with my church schedule and school schedule.
--October or September, maybe attend General Conference if my school will let me off for it as well, hang out with old friends, and rock out in the tremendous services we're sure to have!
--November, thank God I'm back home, I have my family, and hopefully I'll have taught a lot of Bible studies by then and have some of my school friends attending church with me.
--December, celebrate my favorite holiday with my family in Ohio for the first time in three years, open lots of gifts, give lots of gifts, and thank Jesus for being born in a stable so I could have eternal life!
Between August and December I'm not sure what else me life holds, but I plan on trusting God all the way through it all! I'm not sure if you've heard this song from Wow Hits 2007 called "Dead Man (Carry Me)" by Jars of Clay, it goes like this:

January 1, I gotta lot of things on my mind,
Looking at my body through a new spice (?) satellite,
Try to lift a finger, but I don't think I can make the call,
So tell me if I move cause I don't feel anything at all, alllllllllllllll,

So carry me,
I'm just a dead man,
Lyin' on the carpet,
Can't find a heartbeat,
Make me free,
Wanna be a new man,
Tired of the old one,
Off with the old plan,

Ohhhhhhhhhhh,

Woke up from a dream about an empty funeral,
But it was better than the party full of people I don't really know,
They've got hearts to break and burn, dirty hands to fill the earth,
There's something in my veins, but I can't seem to make it work,
Won't work,

So carry me,
I'm just a dead man,
Lyin' on the carpet,
Can't find a heartbeat,
Make me free,
Wanna be a new man,
Tired of the old one,
Off with the old plan

Can you find a beat, inside of me?
Any pulse?
Getting worse,
Any pulse?
Getting worse, inside of me?
Can you find a beat?

Carry me,
I'm just a dead man,
Lyin' on the carpet,
Can't find a heartbeat,
Make me free,
Wanna be a new man,
Tired of the old one,
Off with the old plan,

Carry me,
I'm just a dead man,
Lyin' on the carpet,
Can't find a heartbeat,
Make me free,
Wanna be a new man,
Tired of the old one,
Off with the old plan
This is one of my favorite songs and it describes how I'll feel when I get back to the U.S.A. Like a whole new person. :) Wow, I'm proud of myself, this is my longest blog yet! :) I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment